BoatBanter.com

-   -   Atlantic crossing (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/74723-atlantic-crossing.html)

Jeff October 10th 06 08:51 AM

Atlantic crossing

ray wrote:
On 8 Oct 2006 10:15:17 -0700, "Jeff"
wrote:

Hi,
Got a crossing to do in Jan/ Feb 2007 from near Antigua to Gibralta.
What are the thoughts on how far north to go before I turn right.
I have looked at the routing charts and they are pretty inconclusive
with the slightly preferred being to head up to about 30N and then go
East.
What does the group think
Jeff

It's different each year.
The question isn't how far north, but how far north without hitting
ice bergs, lad. Go to the library and check out Jimmy Cornell's $50
book on the subject. Good luck to you.

I'll give that one a look, thanks Ray
jeff

Hanz October 11th 06 12:11 PM

Atlantic crossing

When we crossed the wind where heavry around 39N , ligher south.So we
cross at 39N.But it changes from year to year.

Hanz

Wayne.B October 11th 06 02:35 PM

Atlantic crossing

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:11:25 -0400, Hanz
wrote:

When we crossed the wind where heavry around 39N , ligher south.So we
cross at 39N.But it changes from year to year.

You really do *not* want to be at 39N in January or February.

Benning Wentworth October 11th 06 05:23 PM

Atlantic crossing

That means he is going to sail north to New Hampshire so he can sail east to

This poor boy is nuts ,,,,,,,,,,,,, soon he will be dead!