BoatBanter.com

-   -   Tide programs (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7425-tide-programs.html)

GAZ August 9th 03 05:40 PM

Tide programs

Any good freebie tide programs out there? I've been using WXTIDE32 till I
found out it was off by more than an hour in my area.
Gordon

Steven Shelikoff August 10th 03 02:54 PM

Tide programs

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 17:11:27 GMT, Jack Dale
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:40:26 GMT, "GAZ" wrote:

Any good freebie tide programs out there? I've been using WXTIDE32 till I
found out it was off by more than an hour in my area.

I am currently (pun intended) using Tide Tool
(http://www.toolworks.com/bilofsky/tidetool.htm)

I am still comparing it to the official tide and current tables. It
seems fairly accurate. Some passes that I use are not included.

I also use Tide Tool on my palm pilot. My inlet isn't included either.
But a town about 10 miles up the coast is, so I use that one and it's
not off by more than a few minutes.

Steve

wkaz August 12th 03 09:43 PM

Tide programs

Along with this issue does anyone have experience with accuracy of the the
built-in tide data in charting programs sucs as TheCap'n?

Richard August 12th 03 09:53 PM

Tide programs

Are you sure you are not confusing tide and current. Where I live the
current-(water direction) changes 2 hours after the tide-(water level).

om...

wkaz August 12th 03 09:54 PM

Tide programs

Along with this issue does anyone have experience with accuracy of the the
built-in tide data in charting programs such as TheCap'n?

wkaz August 12th 03 09:57 PM

Tide programs

You are probably right about the currents. I am still trying to figure this
program out so I apologize for the multiple posts.

Thanks
"Richard" wrote in message
. net...
Are you sure you are not confusing tide and current. Where I live the
current-(water direction) changes 2 hours after the tide-(water level).

om...

GASNER August 13th 03 04:41 AM

Tide programs

Subject: Tide programs
From: "wkaz"
Date: 8/12/03 3:57 PM Central Daylight Time

snip snip snip

"GAZ" wrote in message
Any good freebie tide programs out there? I've been using WXTIDE32

till
found out it was off by more than an hour in my area.
Gordon

Ummm. . . A thought. Did you take proper care of daylight saving time?

Earl