Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim B

Default cleaning water tank

1. Prepare a chlorine solution using one gallon of water and 1/2 cup (4
oz) Clorox or Purex household bleach (5-7% sodium Hypochlorine
solution). With tank empty, pour chlorine solution into tank. Use one
gallon of solution for each 5 gallons of tank capacity.

Just so us Europeans can get it right Peggie:

5-7% household bleach, NOT 'thickened bleach' or other 'enhanced' bleach
products which the marketers have felt necessary to distinguish their
products. Look out for the labelling 'safe for potable water' or the warning
'not to be used in potable water systems'. In Europe, if neither labelling
is present, treat the product with suspicion.

And since I'm not sure about the size of your cups, or even the volume of
your ounces (we used to have two sorts of ounces - fluid and weight - but
your American ounces may be different from either!) I assume your initial
solution is 1:50, diluted eventually to 1:250, which is the working
dilution. Right?
--
Jim B, Yacht RAPAZ,
Summers in the Med, winters in UK

Water tank vent overboard or bilge orbital General 17 June 29th 04 10:56 PM
fuel tank cleaning kozmo6969 General 3 June 11th 04 07:00 PM
Water systems on my boat - need suggestions, please. Adam Boat Building 10 May 10th 04 03:53 PM
cleaning water tank - For Peggie Hall Florida Keyz Cruising 6 August 8th 03 02:52 AM