Default Marathon Boat

Just got my first boat 7/4 a 87 Cuddy and proceeded to blow the
engine. Allstate and I swapped it for a Marathon 24' Cruiser. It has a
260 Merc with head, mid cabin, small galley etc.

I have searched the Google archives and found a lot of negative and
some positive comments about this cruiser. Some of the comments are
not true.

The boat is built like a brick s_ _ _ house; fiberglass is at least
twice as thick all around as any other boat I have seen. Fuses and all
wiring is under a easy access teak panel at the helm. Power steering,
fiberglass decks, trim tabs etc. When I got it, the outdrive was new,
new manifolds and risers, new gimbal housing, heads/valves, and I put
a new high end start battery and 8D in it for inverter and 12v lights
etc.

It has H/C Water and the cushions, teak trim (a LOT of it) are
perfect. No breaks or other divits. I bought this VERY cheap and had
it detailed. Very nice in my view. But I am starting to have doubts
after reading. The FULL canvas tables, seats etc are better than most
boats I've seen this age. No tears etc.

I know these guys went bust in 89 or 90, and they were hand laid up
and designed by a Welcraft engineer.

Anyone know anything else ? Opinions ? It seems solid to me and the
engine is great. I would think I could get 6 or 7 years out of it. The
interior decor is somewhat whorehouse looking but I have redecorated a
lot of that.

Comments ?

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM