Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ryk Ryk is offline

Default GPS / Chartplotter solution?

I've got a Garmin GPS76 at the helm that provides all the
functionality I really need, backed up with a direct connection to the
PC running Fugawi at the nav station.

Unfortunately, I no longer have teenaged eyes and the combination of
small size, lack of contrast, rain, darkness, etc. can make it hard to
read at the most important moments. I'm at the point where I can still
read the phone book, but only in good light and probably getting a
little worse. I wear 1.75 dime store glasses to read in bed and
nothing at the computer screen.

I'm sure there are others on this route. I would like to hear from
anybody else with 50ish eyes who has moved on to a better display. How
much is enough? Should I just bite the bullet and buy a big screen? Or
should I keep a pair of half glasses at the helm? (which might not
help the rain issue)

Thanks,

Ryk

A wireless (no wires to the computer) wifi solution? (very long) Skip Gundlach Cruising 3 August 10th 06 03:29 PM
A wireless (no wires to the computer) wifi solution? (very long) Skip Gundlach Electronics 3 August 10th 06 03:29 PM
Boating solution Barry General 4 May 11th 05 03:58 PM
OT Europe's Solution Christopher Robin General 2 April 4th 04 01:34 PM
best chartplotter for budget "round the worlder" Ric Electronics 9 November 1st 03 05:59 AM