Default Good Boat Bad Boat?

I am selling my CHB 34' and moving to a bigger boat. By the way, if any
interest in a CHB, please visit www.kayaktreker.com.

My question is some boat have issues, and moving up significantly in
cost, any feedback on.

What I am looking for.
37 - 42 ft Trawler/Cabin Cruiser.
Diesel, probably twins

I have looked at Carvers, Nova's, Bayliners etc but do not really know
the pros and cons to look out for.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Michael

Kayaktreker wrote:
I am selling my CHB 34' and moving to a bigger boat. By the way, if any
interest in a CHB, please visit www.kayaktreker.com.

My question is some boat have issues, and moving up significantly in
cost, any feedback on.

What I am looking for.
37 - 42 ft Trawler/Cabin Cruiser.
Diesel, probably twins

I have looked at Carvers, Nova's, Bayliners etc but do not really know
the pros and cons to look out for.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Michael

Generally speaking, the better more efficient models have sails.

Gary

Kayaktreker wrote:
My question is some boat have issues, and moving up significantly in
cost, any feedback on.

I have looked at Carvers, Nova's, Bayliners etc but do not really know
the pros and cons to look out for.

Michael-
You will need to have a marine surveyor look at any potential purchase,
so why don't you buy some time with a good surveyor and get some
informed advice before you start?
A good surveyor will have the answers you are looking for, and should
also know the market value of boats in your area. You will also be able
to evaluate your surveyor choice when you do the 'interview'. Most
surveyors would probably prefer this arrangement to the usual 'giving
of bad news' scenario.

Cheers

John

John wrote:
Kayaktreker wrote:
My question is some boat have issues, and moving up significantly in
cost, any feedback on.

I have looked at Carvers, Nova's, Bayliners etc but do not really
know the pros and cons to look out for.

Michael-
You will need to have a marine surveyor look at any potential
purchase, so why don't you buy some time with a good surveyor and get
some informed advice before you start?
A good surveyor will have the answers you are looking for, and should
also know the market value of boats in your area. You will also be
able to evaluate your surveyor choice when you do the 'interview'.
Most surveyors would probably prefer this arrangement to the usual
'giving of bad news' scenario.

Cheers

John

That's good advice.

Any boatowner will tell you that the boat he owns is the best, and by the
way, would you like to buy it?

PS - Make sure the surveyor is not a boatowner!

Dennis.

Thanks John, I appreciate that. I once went to a TV repair place to and
asked "What TV do you rarely get". His reply was "I am telling a
customer how not use me for business", he was right. Told me the TV he
rarely if ever gets, so that's what I bought. Now to find a good
surveyor.

Thanks again,
Michael