Jim Jim is offline

Default Volvo MS transmission parts/manual needed

For the MS (MSB) transmission attached to my Volvo MD17C engine, I need
the large star shaped rubber damper that goes between the engine and
the transmission. Also need the gasket between the bell housing and
the engine.

Can any one tell me the part numbers (or better yet provide a schematic
with part numbers for the entire unit)? Also any recommendations on
where I can get these parts? Thanks Jim

In article .com,
"Jim" wrote:

For the MS (MSB) transmission attached to my Volvo MD17C engine, I need
the large star shaped rubber damper that goes between the engine and
the transmission. Also need the gasket between the bell housing and
the engine.

Can any one tell me the part numbers (or better yet provide a schematic
with part numbers for the entire unit)? Also any recommendations on
where I can get these parts? Thanks Jim

I googled for what I thought was an old Volvo, and found a company that
still builds one of the MDs (I believe the 12 or 17). I can't find the
place right off-hand, though.

Give me a yell if you can't find it.

--
Jere Lull

The part numberfor the damper is 827615-6

The Gasket is part No.: 833044-1

I would be willing to photocopy the relevant pages from my parts manual
and my reverse gear workshop manual for $20 delivered. May have a used
damper that I would be willing to part with, but I would ahve to check
my stock. $40 if I have one. I can't help you on the gasket as I have
MD11C. You should still be able to get all these items through a local
Volvo dealer