sherwindu

Default Coast Guard reports

We were working on our boat in Racine Wisconsin harbor yesterday and heard a lot

of things going on just outside the harbor. A 40 footer went hard aground
somewhere outside the harbor entrance. Seems like one person broke an arm and
another had a bad bang to the head. There aren't that many shallows around the
harbor unless you creep to close to shore. The winds were light and I believe
they
were motoring. With the sloping sandy bottom there, one might think they would
have gone aground more gracefully. In any case, I was wondering if there is an
online site where one can check on Coast Guard incidents and get more details
about such occurences? I suppose that they can be phoned, but an online report
would be more direct.

Sherwin D.

Larry

sherwindu wrote in
:

In any case, I was wondering if there is an
online site where one can check on Coast Guard incidents and get more
details about such occurences? I suppose that they can be phoned, but
an online report would be more direct.

Here in Charleston, every Saturday morning on 1340 AM, is "The Water's
Edge", a locally-produced boating radio show that goes on for 2 hours while
the fishermen are headed to the dock. One of the show's segments is
always, "The Coast Guard Report" where a spokesperson for CG Charleston
chats with the host and hangs out the boater's dirty laundry mistakes from
the previous week. It's usually a pretty good show, if you ignore the
host's arrogance. He's a sport fisherman, but occasionally wanders off
into sailing as he has 2 hours to fill.

Of course, like any other radio talk show, you must endure paid book and
other promotions thinly veiled as content. They're always pushing
something besides the obvious commercials....

Rosalie B.

Larry wrote:

sherwindu wrote in
:

In any case, I was wondering if there is an
online site where one can check on Coast Guard incidents and get more
details about such occurences? I suppose that they can be phoned, but
an online report would be more direct.

Here in Charleston, every Saturday morning on 1340 AM, is "The Water's
Edge", a locally-produced boating radio show that goes on for 2 hours while
the fishermen are headed to the dock. One of the show's segments is

Down in Key West there is or was a show (originates at Big Pine - US1
radio) called Biz Baz (Bizarre Bazaar). On Monday before the actual
call in part to sell stuff, they always have the weekly Coast Guard
report, which is done by an actual CG person.

Very informative and includes the interdictions (how many kilos of
drugs seized etc.) On other days they have reports from the mayor and
chamber of commerce etc., but I always try to listen to the Monday
report when I'm there.

always, "The Coast Guard Report" where a spokesperson for CG Charleston
chats with the host and hangs out the boater's dirty laundry mistakes from
the previous week. It's usually a pretty good show, if you ignore the
host's arrogance. He's a sport fisherman, but occasionally wanders off
into sailing as he has 2 hours to fill.

Of course, like any other radio talk show, you must endure paid book and
other promotions thinly veiled as content. They're always pushing
something besides the obvious commercials....

Larry

Rosalie B. wrote in
:

Down in Key West

WTMA 1250AM has a show on Sunday morning called H2O Radio, which comes from
Florida. Its more of a Southeast show than a local show. Very informative
and always fun to listen to, too.

http://www.h2oradio.com/

You can download and listen to all the shows from the net, but the local
coast guard report it doesn't do....