Roger Long

Default Siliprene - What is it?

I never heard of this stuff but it's used to glue some new skylight
gaskets I'm ordering to the frames. $22.95 a tube from the skylight
company. Is this stuff commonly available under a different name or
is there an alternative?

--

Roger Long

Bob

Roger Long wrote:
I never heard of this stuff but it's used to glue some new skylight
gaskets I'm ordering to the frames. $22.95 a tube from the skylight
company. Is this stuff commonly available under a different name or
is there an alternative?

--

Roger Long

I used it for sealing my six chain plates. Do a search here or
..building. I posted a bunch of info last year.

Typically the stuff is used to glue 40' truck trailers together. The
best posible product for specific applications.

I got mine in a 2 tube pack at about $8.50 a tube.

Bob

Bob

Roger Long wrote:
I never heard of this stuff but it's used to glue some new skylight
gaskets I'm ordering to the frames. $22.95 a tube from the skylight
company. Is this stuff commonly available under a different name or
is there an alternative?

--

Roger Long

This is the discussion:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...a3ea5c858f9 f

Ther was also a DIY boat project in some sailboat mag 2-3 years ago
that named Selaprene the best to use as a chain plate bedding/
sealant/adhesive. But can not remember the mag name.

Bob

Evan Gatehouse

Roger Long wrote:
I never heard of this stuff but it's used to glue some new skylight
gaskets I'm ordering to the frames. $22.95 a tube from the skylight
company. Is this stuff commonly available under a different name or
is there an alternative?

GE (who makes Lexan) suggests Silpruf for gluing Lexan.

Dow Corning 795 is what I used to glue Plexiglass windows in place.
Same stuff is used on skyscrapers to bond glass windows in place.

Both are not commonly available to the public, but may be available
from glazing companies.

Evan Gatehouse

Bob

Evan Gatehouse wrote:

Dow Corning 795 is what I used to glue Plexiglass windows in place.
Same stuff is used on skyscrapers to bond glass windows in place.

Both are not commonly available to the public, but may be available
from glazing companies.
Evan Gatehouse

Hi:

I used the DC 795 on my polycarb widows. Works great. I think the
phrase is "structural silicone."

It aint your Wal Mart silicon sealant!
Bob