Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Short Handed Anchoring

I have a 27' Albin Vega which presently has the working anchor located
properly on the bow.

I am looking for comments regarding installing the working anchor on
the stern for better access during shorthanded sailing.

I see it sorting out something like this;

Identify anchoring spot as per usual but instead of arriving to anchor
spot with forward way on, then stopping, reversing and lowering the
anchor, I am considering sailing over the anchoring spot, dropping the
anchor from the stern while keeping way on until the proper scope is
out, then tie off the rode and set the anchor, once satisified walk the
rode to the bow and secure as per normal.

I will be using a combination chain and rope rode. I presently use a
Bruce anchor but want to use a differnt type of anchor.

It would be possible to build a proper anchor locker in the lazerette
and ideally anchor roller. Although, I cannot see how a standard
anchor roller would very well since there is not a substantial overhang
on the stern.

I look forward to all comments!

Thanks,
Greg