Default Any infor on DongSeo inflatables

I look at the brochure of inflatable dinghies made in Korea by DongSeo.
Their prices are very affordable but I wonder about their quality and
longevity. They are made with Heavy duty 1000 denier polyester coated with
PVC. Weight - 1100 g/m 2 Thickness - 0.9mm instead of hypalon.
The Canadian Distributor recommended to protect the inflatable from the sun
with a fitted cover when not in use.
They come with marine plywood and high pressure airdeck floor. Again the
distributor favours the high pressure airdeck because of it light weight?
It would be nice to hear from sailors about what they think.

Richard J Kinch

I look at the brochure of inflatable dinghies made in Korea by DongSeo.

If I am correct that this is the same Korean manufacturer of what is sold
by http://boatstogo.com/ , I have owned the SD430 for a year and find it
very well made.

Correct, the inflatable shown at http://boatstogo.com/ are the same as the
one we have in Canada.
It would appear that boattogo buys in large quantity. I do not know about
the Canadian distributor.
The specifications shown on the internet are good and attractive. If those
specs are for real at that price the competition is in for a rough time.
Not to mention that Don Seo may be producing "brand Name" inflatable's for
other high price re-sellers. I am very tempted to get a 9.6 or an 11 feet.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
I look at the brochure of inflatable dinghies made in Korea by DongSeo.

If I am correct that this is the same Korean manufacturer of what is sold
by http://boatstogo.com/ , I have owned the SD430 for a year and find it
very well made.

Richard J Kinch

If those
specs are for real at that price the competition is in for a rough time.

Some of the specifications have been confused and wrong.

I did caliper and weigh the ample scraps of fabric they included in the box
(for patching, I suppose) to confirm that they essentially duplicate the
PVC fabric and construction used by the older brands.

One item of confusion I remember is that they were advertising a number of
plies or weight or something that was obviously (to me, anyway) applicable
to their Hypalon type fabric, not their PVC. But looking at
http://www.boatstogo.com/fabrictest.asp today, they seem to have corrected
that.