Nigel

Default Facnor roller furling

I'm planning on fitting a roller furling genoa to my Bruce Roberts 53, it's
a big sail with a 65ft luff and not far short of 1000sqft. I have made a few
enquiries and Facnor furler seem to be very much cheaper than the likes of
Profurl. Does anybody have any experience with this equipment (they are
apparently fitted to many French production boats). Can a Profurl furler be
worth nearly twice as much? any other makes I should consider...

Thanks
Nigel

Evan Gatehouse

Nigel wrote:
I'm planning on fitting a roller furling genoa to my Bruce Roberts 53, it's
a big sail with a 65ft luff and not far short of 1000sqft. I have made a few
enquiries and Facnor furler seem to be very much cheaper than the likes of
Profurl. Does anybody have any experience with this equipment (they are
apparently fitted to many French production boats). Can a Profurl furler be
worth nearly twice as much? any other makes I should consider...

Thanks
Nigel

Harken is similar in quality to Profurl

Evan Gatehouse