posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Riverhead Peconic River launch ramp

Just wondering, a question for my fellow Long Islanders, isn't there a
public boat ramp on the Peconic River in Riverhead, and if so, has
anyone here used it? I'd like to find out the exact directions to it;
when it's open (always?); is there a bathroom there and is that open
yet (that question is on behalf of the wife!) When my friend and I
ride our waverunners in the Peconic Bay (usually on our way to Block
Island or the Connecticut River), we put in at this spot off Flanders
Bay that is not a ramp at all, just a clearing with a dock in a kind of
shallow muddy marsh, I think it's off Reeves Creek Rd. or something
like that, anyway, I'm not so crazy about it as a launch spot
especially when I'm on my own....want to check out the ramp as an
alternate.

Thanks

richforman