Mic

Default 28ft SOLO AROUND THE WORLD

http://donnalange.com/pages/1/index.htm

"The Musician, the Sailor and her 28-foot sailboat
DAY 162
15,565 + nm Sailed!
600 nm to Auckland!!"

"To our New Zealand friends,

If you should see our lady at sea, please welcome her and help her
rest. She will be in need. She is friendly, loving, gracious,
gentle, musical, and tough as nails. Certainly one of the most
courageous women alive. We present to you... Ms Donna Lange "

"Donna Marie Lange, a mother of three, set off on the most difficult
challenge known to man or woman, to solo the globe in a 28-foot yacht.
Although the completion of her dream has not yet been concluded, the
ongoing story of this 42-year-old yachtswoman is incredibly
intriguing. "

"There is always a cape waiting for you in life, but if it is Cape
Horn, the cape at the southern tip of the American continent and if
you are lucky enough to round it, then you will never forget it."
Paul Cassel

Mic wrote:

"Donna Marie Lange, a mother of three,

there are four of them on this boat?
Ruby Vee

"Mic" wrote in message
| http://donnalange.com/pages/1/index.htm
|
| "The Musician, the Sailor and her 28-foot sailboat
| DAY 162
| 15,565 + nm Sailed!
| 600 nm to Auckland!!"
|
| "To our New Zealand friends,
|
| If you should see our lady at sea, please welcome her and help her
| rest. She will be in need. She is friendly, loving, gracious,
| gentle, musical, and tough as nails. Certainly one of the most
| courageous women alive. We present to you... Ms Donna Lange "

The blatant request for money on the website was a real turnoff. I'm all
for people sailing around the world -- but oughtn't they finance their OWN
dreams?

Ruby

Mike Pearce

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:52:45 -0400, "Ruby Vee"
wrote:

"

The blatant request for money on the website was a real turnoff. I'm all
for people sailing around the world -- but oughtn't they finance their OWN
dreams?

No, I think its a great idea to get money to sail round the world. My
own trip is due to begin later this summer when my refit is finished,
so if you'll all send me your donations now it would help enormously!

Oh and just for the emotional impact I'm a father of three ... but I
can't for the life of me work out what relevance this could be.

Mike