Brian Lawrence

Default Chartplotter

My sailboat in rigged out with Raymarine instruments; autopilot,
depth,speed, wind, all ST60's and radar RL70 Pathfinder (not +). I
want to add a chartplotter/gps.

I have been advised by Raymarine to upgrade the RL70 head to the
RL70CRC (and I found one). On the other hand I was looking and found
a Raychart 530 w/Raystar 120 receiver. The CRC upgrade would require
an additional DGPS receiver and the Raychart would only be able to
communicate with the rest of the instruments on Seatalk or NEMA 0183.

I am looking for opinions to help me decide which is the best way to
go. Any opinion is welcome
Tamaroak

Brian Lawrence wrote:
My sailboat in rigged out with Raymarine instruments; autopilot,
depth,speed, wind, all ST60's and radar RL70 Pathfinder (not +). I
want to add a chartplotter/gps.

I have been advised by Raymarine to upgrade the RL70 head to the
RL70CRC (and I found one). On the other hand I was looking and found
a Raychart 530 w/Raystar 120 receiver. The CRC upgrade would require
an additional DGPS receiver and the Raychart would only be able to
communicate with the rest of the instruments on Seatalk or NEMA 0183.

I am looking for opinions to help me decide which is the best way to
go. Any opinion is welcome

I did this last year and it works great. I can actually see the color
display from the flybridge without having to hide under a hood. I got a
used RL70CRC on ebay and had the 520 that was on the flybridge converted
by Raymarine to the hsb2 standard. I didn't have to buy anything else
and my radar, autopilot and everything else works fine.

i then sold the radar display (RL70?) on ebay for a lot more than I
thought it was worth.

Capt. Jeff

Copying computer CD Charts into a chartplotter Chris Electronics 17 September 4th 06 12:29 PM
Raymarine Chartplotter SL General 1 March 31st 06 03:52 PM
RDF (radio direction finding) ... do you ? purple_stars Cruising 145 March 26th 06 04:13 PM
non-mapping, mapping GPD, chartplotter compare [email protected] Electronics 3 February 2nd 06 04:12 PM
Garmin 198C Chartplotter Sounder Butch Davis General 1 November 28th 05 05:23 AM