Mic

Default AIS Transponders on All Boats over 34 Feet?

http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/001230.html

"Rich Ray sent in a very interesting article at Lectronic Latitude
which suggests that Class B AIS transponders will be made mandatory
for recreational boats over 34’. I am quite dubious about this, though
the article seems well reported. "

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...l#anchor218737

"Skeptical, we at Latitude 38 have contacted the Government Affairs
Department of BoatU.S. and other sources, but can't find anybody who
has heard anything about legislation that proposes AIS to be required
on recreational vessels."

http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/ca..._yourself.html
Nasa/Si-Tex AIS receiver, first impressions

http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/001258.html
http://www.uniden.com/products/produ...roduct=MYSTIC#
MYSTIC
Full VHF/GPS Mapping Handheld Marine Radio

http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/001254.html
March 26, 2006
Sea Smart, welcome back the marine operator!

http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/001255.html
"Sea Smart has taken over the infrastructure—towers, radios, and
marine operator licenses—that MariTEL shut down in 2003."
Mic

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:52:24 GMT, (Mic) wrote:

Discussion of AIS receiver

http://gyxu.com/boats/73-365-ais-receiver-read.shtml

Pascal

Thank You for the link. Finally one forum dedicated to AIS ..

Regards

Pascal

Peter Bennett

On 5 Apr 2006 13:27:33 -0700, "Pascal" wrote:

Thank You for the link. Finally one forum dedicated to AIS ..

Regards

Pascal

If you look closely at that thread (and other threads under
"boating"), you'll see that they were all stolen from this newsgroup.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Mic

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:12:56 GMT, (Mic) wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:52:24 GMT,
(Mic) wrote:

Discussion of AIS receiver

http://gyxu.com/boats/73-365-ais-receiver-read.shtml

Try a DNS look up....
http://www.dnsstuff.com/
-----------------------------------

I have also seen other pages that sort of provide a conpendium for
usenet discussion. I sort of wonder why as I do not recall any
advertizing or commercial things on those sites. When you are doing
research using HTTP,
usenet post are never apart of the results = really too bad?
But when these pages that provide the usenet subjects on HTTP it
becomes accessable though the regular HTTP search (so it seems) So is
that is a good thing?

Of course you could do a HTTP of the groups through google but you
have to specifically do that under "groups". Intersting.....any
thoughts or comments?

I think that if you intergrated usenet as sort of web pages that would
show as results under a regular HTTP search there would probably be a
lot of less than useful results but then again it might provide a real
nugget.

Actually the best version that exist of this is Bill Dietrich web
page:
http://www.geocities.com/bill_dietrich/SiteMap.html

This is a most excellent sight and one that I generally refer others
to as well as reviewing it from time to time. It covers just about
all the basics and then some with knowledger freely contributed by
those with an interest in advancing the knowledge and practicality of
sailing. Which is part of the reason why I post my sailing related
research here and when it gets listed on a sailing index it benefits
others as well, or even people on this news group find that research
useful ..... Win, win.....

Alrigh I just did an google advance search on ais with exact phrase as
ais and Return only messages where the subject contains ais -
the result were
http://groups.google.ca/groups?as_q=...006&safe=o ff

Fair Wind Mic 67