Jeannette

Default Hurth Kbw10 Coupler

Hello all,

I am looking for the output coupling flange for a Hurth kbw10
transmission. It came with my 2qm20 Yanmar. The nut got loose and the
inside is damaged. A source for a new one or a used one would be
great.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Bristol32 ConTePartiro

Bob

Jeannette wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for the output coupling flange for a Hurth kbw10
transmission. It came with my 2qm20 Yanmar. The nut got loose and the
inside is damaged. A source for a new one or a used one would be
great.

Thanks,
Jeannette

Hi:

If you strike out here try a yellow newspaper thing titled Boats and
Harbors. Lots of commercial marine stuff. But of help to your late 70s
QM Yanmar, every few months or so I have seen a complete QM
engine/tranny for sale. The last one was two months ago asking $1600
for a 3QM30 running take out including the Hurth. With all the
hurican/insurance boats there should be a few 2QMs around to part out.

While looking around the Boats and Harbor check out the price of the
running take outs. Lets see, rebuild a 30 year old 30 HP yanmar for
$7-8,000 or buy a nice used 900HP 12V71 for about the same price. Go
figure?!?!? Ya think I could break 8.3 knots if I pulled my old 3QM and
droped in a 12V71 replacement?
Bob

Larry

"Bob" wrote in news:1142927874.665210.110970
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Ya think I could break 8.3 knots if I pulled my old 3QM and
droped in a 12V71 replacement?
Bob

Be sure to post if you get it installed, Bob! I, for one, would love to
see it climb up on a plane....(c;

Roger Long

I know where your could get one made but I'm sure there are many out
there between the hurricanes and the fact that a lot of the raw water
cooled ones in S.W. are nearing the end of their life.

I have the same engine as well as the Service Manual. If you need
anything copied from the manual just let me know.

This seems to be a good source of Yanmar parts and info:

http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/

--

Roger Long

Jeannette

Thanks for the offer. I have the books also. It looks like Torrensen
(MarineDirect) will be able to get the parts for me.

Jeannette

ant coupler question RB Electronics 0 March 16th 06 06:08 AM
loran antenna coupler question RB Electronics 1 February 7th 06 01:38 AM
help with loran coupler needed RB Electronics 3 January 23rd 06 09:02 PM
loran antenna coupler question RB Electronics 1 January 7th 06 11:44 PM
universal loran ant coupler unit question RB Electronics 2 January 5th 06 01:00 AM