Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roger Long

Default GPS creep

It's insidious! When I first got the boat, I was going to just
navigate the old fashioned way because that was a big part of the fun
and satisfaction of cruising back when I used to do it in the days
before Loran was common. But, with family on board, I figured I ought
to have a GPS and would compromise by keeping it in the navigation
area.

Last summer, I would walk down the docks and sort of sneer at the
sailboats with the GPS mounted right up behind the compass so the
skipper could just follow it around.

Now look what I've done:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Strider0601.htm#GPS

(Scroll back up to see some of the other projects)

--

Roger Long