Chuck Wistar

Default satellite radio on a boat?

We had XM on our trawler during the nearly 3 years we lived aboard and
cruised (see www.celebratecruising.com).

It worked from the Maritime provinces in Canada to the Bahamas almost to
Georgetown in the Exumas. Our antenna was slightly shielded by the radar
arch and we probably could have gotten it as far as the turks & Caicos.

We liked it. CNN, Weather Channel, plus all that music and talk you referred
to.

Chuck
www.seleneannapolis.com

Glenn A. Heslop

Scott,

Know anyone with experience on the Sirius system down towards Georgetown, or
further south?

Glenn.

"scott" jsodellatgmail.com wrote in message
We have had good reception of Sirius up and down the East coast and
throughout the Abacos.
Scott
"Chuck Wistar" wrote in message
We had XM on our trawler during the nearly 3 years we lived aboard and
cruised (see www.celebratecruising.com).

It worked from the Maritime provinces in Canada to the Bahamas almost to
Georgetown in the Exumas. Our antenna was slightly shielded by the radar
arch and we probably could have gotten it as far as the turks & Caicos.

We liked it. CNN, Weather Channel, plus all that music and talk you
referred to.

Chuck
www.seleneannapolis.com

prodigal1

Chuck Wistar wrote:
We had XM on our trawler ...
We liked it. CNN,

CNN!!?!
gawd, that stuff will lower your IQ ;-P

Glenn A. Heslop

Yes...just ticked that neither system's programing guide shows "Rush". :-)

Glenn.

Glenn A. Heslop wrote:
Yes...just ticked that neither system's programing guide shows "Rush". :-)

wouldn't that be a bonus?
260780

Yes...just ticked that neither system's programing guide shows
"Rush". :-)

wouldn't that be a bonus?

Sure would. Progress!

Geoff Schultz

This is rather late, but I've been using Sirius without any problems as far
south as Honduras. I have one of the older large marine antennas and I get 2
out of 3 bars of signal. I know of people using the standard "puck" that
comes with it and they just have to orient the puck for best reception. We
love it. I don't think that we've put in a CD all season.

-- Geoff

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in

[...]

krj

Geoff Schultz wrote:
This is rather late, but I've been using Sirius without any problems as far
south as Honduras. I have one of the older large marine antennas and I get 2
out of 3 bars of signal. I know of people using the standard "puck" that
comes with it and they just have to orient the puck for best reception. We
love it. I don't think that we've put in a CD all season.

-- Geoff

Geoff,
Do you know if it will work as far south as Grenada?
krj