Default Bermuda bound Q's

In April I will be sailing from the Delaware River to Bermuda.

I've made a list of charts that cover the crossing and the islands, but
does anyone have preferences between DMA vs British, etc?

How about cruising guides - are there any? I bought a "Yachtsman's Guide
to Bermuda" about 20 yrs ago, but I cannot find a current or even recent
edition.

Any info appreciated.

Dennis Gibbons

Having made the trip from Long Island Sound to Bermuda a couple of times, I
see no problem with US charts.
The Cruising guide to Bermuda has never been updated but not that much has
changed. Be sure and check out Bermuda Harbor Radio on the web. there are
a lot of good links
Dennis
SV Dark Lady
CN35-207
wrote in message
In April I will be sailing from the Delaware River to Bermuda.

I've made a list of charts that cover the crossing and the islands, but
does anyone have preferences between DMA vs British, etc?

How about cruising guides - are there any? I bought a "Yachtsman's Guide
to Bermuda" about 20 yrs ago, but I cannot find a current or even recent
edition.

Any info appreciated.

260780

The latest Cruising Guide to Bermuda was published
by the Museum in 1994.

Which Museum is that?

I could not find it at Bluewater. Used book outlets have 1976 and 1984
editions of "Yachtsman's Guide To The Bermuda Islands" by Voegeli, while
Amazon lists (as out of print) a 1994 "Yachting Guide to Bermuda" edited
by Jane Harris.

I tried every used book search I could find but did not turn up any of
the 1994 book by Harris. I like the look of Admiralty, too. But on
checking stores, the DMA's are half the price. Ever used the
Imray-Iolaire chart for Bermuda?

Armond Perretta

260780 wrote:
The latest Cruising Guide to Bermuda was published
by the Museum in 1994 ,,,.

Which Museum is that?

The Bermuda Maritime Museum at the Dockyard. Check one of the Bermuda
tourist sites and search. You may be able to contact the Museum directly.

I could not find it at Bluewater ... while Amazon lists (as out of print)
a 1994 "Yachting Guide to Bermuda" edited by Jane Harris.

That's what you want. I did not mean to suggest it was still in print,
since it was something of a specialty item when it was first issued. You
may have luck with either Amazon or eBay. or contact a retailer in Bermuda
directly.

... I like the look of Admiralty, too. But on
checking stores, the DMA's are half the price. Ever used the
Imray-Iolaire chart for Bermuda?

No, and yes, you will pay a premium for the Admiralty versions. Note also
that some of the chart CD-ROMs now include all the Bermuda charts.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat