BoatBanter.com

-   -   Buoyancy + other links (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/64633-buoyancy-other-links.html)

Mic December 28th 05 09:19 PM

Buoyancy + other links

http://www.buoyancyfoam.com/

http://www.marinefoam.com/

http://www.tten.com/survey.htm

http://www.seahopper.co.uk/stowaway_18.htm

http://www.solarnavigator.net/small_sailboat_links.htm

http://www.sponsonguy.com/Ontario%20Law.html
"All modern countries have a Level Flotation Law for small boats under
20 feet long."

http://www.paraanchor.com/news.sailmag.html
"Storm Tactics Debate"
appearing in the June 2000 website section
of Sail Magazine By Zack Smith
"Heaving-to: safety valve at sea"
appearing in the August 1982 issue
of Sail Magazine by Larry Pardey

http://www.paraanchor.com/news.stormmanage.html
Storm Management
"Preparing the Boat"
By Lin & Larry Pardey
Excerpts from their storm tactics handbook

http://www.worldwideflood.com/ark/an...-broaching.htm
Broach Avoidance Copyright Tim Lovett Mar 2005

This has some animation for ya.,....

http://www.science.sakhalin.ru/Ship/Vlad_E1.html
§ 1. Technician-history analysis of ship seakeeping

http://www.worldwideflood.com/ark/hu..._hull_form.htm
Hints of Noah's Ark in Ancient Ships

http://www.glen-l.com/weblettr/weble...flotation.html
....flotation
"Any object with a specific gravity OVER 1.0 will NOT float; it will
have negative buoyancy. Any object with a specific gravity LESS than
1.0 will float, while an object having a specific gravity of 1.0 will
float awash, or have neutral buoyancy."

http://www.bsharp.org/physics/stuff/icebergs.html
"Archimedes Principle of buoyancy states that the upward force on an
object in a fluid is equal to the weight of the fluid that is
displaced. "

http://www.quigs.org/Foamee/index.html
Building the Foamee
a 9 foot foam-cored fiberglass dinghy.

http://www.practical-sailor.com/news.../892safety.pdf
[PDF] Safety Equipment for Offshore Sailing

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/arch...0_archive.html
Get quality images at this sailing site
And Now For Something Completely Different...
"If you are worried it might be dangerous, have no fear. "We will all
be tied on to the raft. Being old, we will know what we are capable
of," Smith says."

http://www.chron.com/content/interac...nks/index.html

http://webvideo.nu/arrandir/engelsk.html

Well the above are some new links and some may have been posted
before.

Best Wishes in the new year./

Mic

Jere Lull December 29th 05 07:44 AM

Buoyancy + other links

In article ,
(Mic) wrote:

Well the above are some new links and some may have been posted
before.

Best Wishes in the new year.

Mic

And to you, as well...

But do you ever get out to sail? ;-) Great links and I hope you're
maintaining pages that I can peruse when I get a chance (see
cruisenews.net for an example.)

DANG, just lost another couple of hours. Happens every time I check to
make sure that the link's good.

[Heck, when does HE get the time to update? I know he sails, though I
haven't heard much from him this year.]

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages:

Mic December 29th 05 04:12 PM

Buoyancy + other links

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:44:41 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

In article ,
(Mic) wrote:

Well the above are some new links and some may have been posted
before.

Best Wishes in the new year.

Mic

And to you, as well...

But do you ever get out to sail? ;-)

Yep

Great links

Well some are better than others, but when they contribute to the
knowledge of sailing - they are all good.

and I hope you're
maintaining pages that I can peruse when I get a chance (see
cruisenews.net for an example.)

Nope, as there are some out there that do that rather well;} ,
contributing here seems to contribute elsewhere - a good thing, an
additional reason for sharing the topics I am researching. Some seem
to confuse the links I provide as making me an authority on a
particular topic or advocating something.
______________________

"Thinking is the most effective least expensive thing you can do."
______________________

BTW I looked up "sailboat buoyancy" and went through some 800 links
with the posted results. Where the results comprehensive? No. Did I
learn something? Yes

DANG, just lost another couple of hours. Happens every time I check to
make sure that the link's good.

[Heck, when does HE get the time to update? I know he sails,

Tanzer 28

though I
haven't heard much from him this year.]

Jere Lull

Mic, first sail in '67

Jere Lull December 30th 05 12:55 AM

Buoyancy + other links

In article , (Mic)
wrote:

DANG, just lost another couple of hours. Happens every time I check to
make sure that the link's good.

[Heck, when does HE get the time to update? I know he sails,

Tanzer 28

though I
haven't heard much from him this year.]

Jere Lull

Mic, first sail in '67

Yes, I knew that, as I believe I was the first person he "told" he was
getting Skylark. Seems he was affected by the obvious love affair we
continue to have with Xan.