Mic

Default Corky - Convert innertube to a sailboat

"Corky 1
Many of us have spent numerous hours floating down rivers in
innertubes. This is taking the concept a little bit further, putting a
sail on one. The plans for this were drawn up and published back in
the 1950's, see the plans page. Jason Nabors who built #33 has built a
corky and added a daggerboard to his to improve it's windward
performance. "

http://www.pdracer.com/plans/corky1.jpg

http://www.pdracer.com/plans/corky2.jpg

http://www.pdracer.com/plans/corky3.jpg

http://www.pdracer.com/plans/corky21.jpg

http://www.pdracer.com/plans/corky22.jpg

Yep I "advocate" that everyone should have one of these. The sailing
version of the PWC

Hey Rodger can you suggest some design improvements or anyone else for
that matter?

////////////////////
All the following is dingy kind of sailing articles but my provide
some inspiration. It seems that those involved in this sort of thing
get a lot of enjoyment out of it and many make it a family thing.
http://www.simplicityboats.com/willie.htm

http://www.pdracer.com/articles/roller/index.htm
Nabors Furling System
by Jason Nabors

http://www.pdracer.com/

http://marina.fortunecity.com/breakw...1001/index.htm
Emergency Flotation
http://www.pdracer.com/emfloat/page1.htm

http://www.pdracer.com/articles/growth/index.htm
Growth Rates of Mouseboats & PDRacers
By David "Shorty" Routh
November 2005
http://www.pdracer.com/articles/control/index.htm

http://www.pdracer.com/articles/knot.htm
Tennis Ball Knot Meter for Sailboats
by John Cody

"
If you don't have a GPS or other speedometer, you can make a
speedometer with a string attached to a tennis ball. What you do is
toss the ball overboard and when it crosses the transom, start a
timer. When the string is fully extended (pulled taught), you stop
timing and figure out your speed.

By my quick calculation, if you had 100 (actually 101.2) feet of rope,
the following would be accurate:

60 seconds = 1 knot
30 seconds = 2 knots
20 seconds = 3 knots