DSK

Default Webasto furnaces

Tamaroak wrote:

What's the cruiser's opinion on these furnaces? I'm thinking of
installing their air 5000 in my Monk 36 and wonder how hard they are to
put in and how reliable they are. Are they noisy?

Here's ours; a T-90 that I installed (a 6 month project) a couple years
ago. This is mounted on the aft bulkhead of our engine room.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...42005030smuktF

I ordered it with the enclosure, which IMHO is a total waste of money.
You'd do better to get a local metal shop to knock one up for you, with
your own specs as to mounting etc etc. Ours is a 27K BTU unit (31K max
which I assume is an "overload" rating), about the size of two
shoeboxes, and heats our 36' boat up toasty warm. The requirements for
the fluid system, the exhaust system, and the air intake were all quite
troublesome and still need some upgrade work.

See further answer on rec.boats which I pecked out before seeing this,
thought I'd add the pictures if you're interested. You can email me at
'

DSK

Tamaroak

What's the cruiser's opinion on these furnaces? I'm thinking of
installing their air 5000 in my Monk 36 and wonder how hard they are to
put in and how reliable they are. Are they noisy?

Capt. Jeff

We love ours, we have an old Swan 38 and live in the Northwest US. It
does make a little noise in the back of the boat, not annoying, just
enough to let you know its working. I have it plumbed in with three
outlets, one in the aft cabin, one in the main and the best one in the
head. We don't have pressure water, but the heater makes it much more
comfortable in the winter. I don't do any maintenance, other then
running it every month and changing the filter once a year.