Jonathan W.

Default 38' Pan Oceanic cutter?? Brewer design??

I have a friend who is very interested in a 1984, 38 foot Pan Oceanic
cutter, apparently designed by Ted Brewer. He says he hasn't had much
luck finding information out about the boat in general, like build
quality, comparable selling values, weak points, etc.

Hence this post. While I will dig the rest of the afternoon, I hope
someone out here might have a few tidbits to share?

He had been looking at boats like the Fischer Pilothouse 30, and the
Nauticat 33. Rightly or wrongly, I had been arguing that these boats
don't actually sail very well, and encouraged him to look at other boats
with hard dodgers or pilothouse configurations.

Any information shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
--
I am building my daughter an Argie 10 sailing dinghy, check it out:
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsailr
Doug Dotson

"Jonathan W." wrote in message
I have a friend who is very interested in a 1984, 38 foot Pan Oceanic
cutter, apparently designed by Ted Brewer. He says he hasn't had much luck
finding information out about the boat in general, like build quality,
comparable selling values, weak points, etc.

Most definately a Ted Brewer design. I own a PO 43. Want to buy it?
Few 38s were made.

Hence this post. While I will dig the rest of the afternoon, I hope
someone out here might have a few tidbits to share?

Check out the owner's group. Lots of info there although not alot about the
38 since there are very few.

He had been looking at boats like the Fischer Pilothouse 30, and the
Nauticat 33. Rightly or wrongly, I had been arguing that these boats don't
actually sail very well, and encouraged him to look at other boats with
hard dodgers or pilothouse configurations.

Any information shared would be greatly appreciated.

Check out www.panoceanic.net

Regards!
Doug
s/v Callista, PO43