Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tim

Default how do you "winterize an outboard?

OK, my brother just bought a boat this summer and had a lot of fun
with it.

now he's giong to store it away. It has a v-4 Evinrude 115 horse on
it.
He's heard from some that these engines are self draining and there's
no need for fushing anything though the water inlet to chase out the
water.

I really do find that hard to believe. but then again...I don't know.
I did however, recomend putting Stabilizer int he carbs so they don't
urn to shelac.

Is there a process for proper winterization on the 2 stroke v-4's?

THANKS!
Tim