Ed

Default Appostle Islands

Planning a sailing trip to the Appostles for next Spring. Any and all
recommendations appreciated.

Jim Carter

"Ed" wrote in message
Planning a sailing trip to the Appostles for next Spring. Any and all
recommendations appreciated.

What is your departure point? This is needed to help you with
recommendation for your trip.
When you arrive at the Apostle Islands, there are a couple of things to keep
in mind. Eagle & Gull Islands have restrictions as they are wildlife areas
with bird nesting sites and you must not go within 100 yards of their
shores.
Have up-to-date charts as navigation in this area is tricky due to shallow
spots between some of the islands. Make sure that you know where the wind
will be from when you choose an anchorage. This is very important. Be
sure to stop first in Bayfield Wisconsin and pick up brochures and
information about the Apostle Islands from the National Park Services office
or before your departure, write to them for informational brochures.

Jim Carter
Bayfield, Ontario
Canada

Jim Carter

Default Apostle Islands

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
Get Bonnie Dahl's book, "Superior Way" (third edition). It's essential
for the area. Contact me directly by email for specific questions, as
that's the area I charter my boats in.
It's some of the finest cruising in the northern hemisphere, IMHO.
Cat. Jeff

You're correct on that Capt. Jeff, the Apostle Islands are "almost" as good
a cruising area as the North Channel of Lake Huron. ;-)

Jim Carter
Bayfield

Tamaroak

Having done both, I have to agree! I'll be back there in 2007.

Capt. Jeff