just me

Default solar panels

I'm planning to install 2 100W panels above the bimini on may sailboat.
Who make the best panel? Warranty etc.

Len

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:51:41 -0500, "just me"
wrote:

I'm planning to install 2 100W panels above the bimini on may sailboat.
Who make the best panel? Warranty etc.

When there's shade from the boom on 'm a lot you will be disappointed
cause, with even a little line of shade, the output collapses. I've
bought 3 so called shade-resistant ones on the roof of my decksaloon.
These (SunWare R54) ) give just a little even without any shade. In
fall in Holland on a sunny day these 3 50 w panels give me a total
current of 3-4 amps with a normal regulator. I intend to buy a mppt
regulator and in my latitude I expect up to 30 % increase from it. My
next project will be 4 80 watt rigid panels high and aft, above the
rader-arch. Thinking about a smart way to point them to the sun.
To answer your question: Sunware gives 15 years on the ones I bought,
see above. Kyocera gives 20 years (or 25) even on the claimed power.
Both are polychrystalline. I thought Shell, Siemens and BP to be mono.
Mono has as I understand it till now the highest output per square
foot, don't know about their costs or warranties. Google is your
friend here.

Len
S/v Present