prodigal1

Default October :-(

okay is it just me, or is this not the most depressing time of the year?
I'm 50, and I've been on sailboats since I was 14 but I just can't get
over how depressed I get each and every friggin year when I have to put
the old girl to bed for the winter. I promise to grow up one of these
days, just not one of these days soon ;-P
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
prodigal1 wrote:
okay is it just me, or is this not the most depressing time of the year?
I'm 50, and I've been on sailboats since I was 14 but I just can't get
over how depressed I get each and every friggin year when I have to put
the old girl to bed for the winter. I promise to grow up one of these
days, just not one of these days soon ;-P

Mon... you need a change in latitude... or at least a change in
location! October is fantastic here in Sausalito.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bowgus

Well I dunno ... I was out thursday ... nobody else was out ... that was the
depressing part to me. So I take the edge off by actually looking forward to
putting the boat away ... winterizing the engine, cleaning, waxing, throwing
out that clutter that accumulates, covering it up ... so it's all ready to
go next season : )

"prodigal1" wrote in message
okay is it just me, or is this not the most depressing time of the year?
I'm 50, and I've been on sailboats since I was 14 but I just can't get
over how depressed I get each and every friggin year when I have to put
the old girl to bed for the winter. I promise to grow up one of these
days, just not one of these days soon ;-P

Dennis Pogson

prodigal1 wrote:
okay is it just me, or is this not the most depressing time of the
year? I'm 50, and I've been on sailboats since I was 14 but I just
can't get over how depressed I get each and every friggin year when I
have to put the old girl to bed for the winter. I promise to grow up
one of these days, just not one of these days soon ;-P

It's a latitude thing. At least we northerners get a chage of scenery twice
a year.

Dennis.

Larry

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

It's a latitude thing. At least we northerners get a chage of scenery
twice a year.

Dennis.

When I call home to upstate NY (Finger Lakes), I always ask, "What day was
Summer this year?"....(c;

--
Larry
Don White

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article ,
prodigal1 wrote:

okay is it just me, or is this not the most depressing time of the year?
I'm 50, and I've been on sailboats since I was 14 but I just can't get
over how depressed I get each and every friggin year when I have to put
the old girl to bed for the winter. I promise to grow up one of these
days, just not one of these days soon ;-P

Mon... you need a change in latitude... or at least a change in
location! October is fantastic here in Sausalito.

October is super here on the East coast at lat 44 deg 32 min.
Next month is usually the killer...cold & damp.

C'mon down to N. FL. You can sail mine as I am currently too busy.
Sailing season has just started as the heat is abating enough.

gary

Had a fantastic sail in Kingston (Ontario) harbour on Thursday night in
my buddy's Mirage 29. I had just lowered my Aloha's mast and badly
needed a sailing 'fix'. We were almost alone out there and the wind
came up to 15 knots. Just for us. Zoom!

Yeah, I'm 53. You never get over that post partum depression of lift
out. When I ski in February, I keep thinking 'ready about!!" as I
plant my pole.

Gary

Don White

gary wrote:
Had a fantastic sail in Kingston (Ontario) harbour on Thursday night in
my buddy's Mirage 29. I had just lowered my Aloha's mast and badly
needed a sailing 'fix'. We were almost alone out there and the wind
came up to 15 knots. Just for us. Zoom!

Yeah, I'm 53. You never get over that post partum depression of lift
out. When I ski in February, I keep thinking 'ready about!!" as I
plant my pole.

Gary

i've missed my buddy's mirage 33 that he sold last year.
Now he's eving a Bristol 32. We went down to see it on a beautiful
Wednesday afternoon. Gorgeous from a slight distance...but inside cabin
shows a bit of the 39 years use.
he likes it though, so I may be sailing in style again
(vs my Sandpiper 565)