sherwindu

Default Need some help from the Brits

This week I had to install my only spare turnbuckle my forestay on my Westerly Cirrus parted due to
corrosion of it's turnbuckle barrel.

I emailed several British chandlers inquiring about replacements and got no reply. I usually get a
better response from companies and retailers in Britain. Does anyone know of any sources I can turn
to for a replacement turnbuckle? I really would like to get the same kind currently on the boat.
This was the first failure of a turnbuckle in 35 years of owning this boat, and was probably due to
all the salt water
splashed on the fore deck and sitting inside the barrel. This is a Gibb closed barrel
turnbuckle for 3/8 inch wire, but this model was set up to take 5/16 inch clevis pins.
Navtel (the inheritor of Gibb) tells me they haven't made this type for 20 years. My
hope is to find it in somebody's stockroom. I live in the USA.

Sherwin D.

Try the Discussion Forum at this site:

http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/

MW

Peggie Hall

Try the Discussion Forum at this site:

http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/

Or try the discussion forums at http://www.ybw.com, a UK site hosted by
the publisher of several UK sailing and boating magazines.

--
Peggie