Mic

Default Radar Reflectors - Test, links and info

http://www.ussailing.org/safety/Stud...test.htm#INDEX

Radar Reflectors
© 1995 by Jim Corenman, Chuck Hawley, Dick Honey and Stan Honey
Radar Reflector Test provided by West Marine, for additional
information dial (800)BOATING.

Characteristics of Marine Radar
The Reflectors Tested
Octahedral Reflectors
Davis Echomaster and Emergency
Holland Yacht Equipment
Other Trihedral-based Reflectors
The Firdell Blipper
Mobri
High Gain Rotation
Cyclops
Non-Trihedral Reflectors
Lensref
Radar Flag
The Tests
The Results
Target Pattern Maps
Conclusions
Footnotes

http://www.oceannavigator.com/article.php?a=671

Avoiding stealth
Chuck Husick
July/Aug 1998

http://www.tc.gc.ca/marinesafety/bul.../1992/04_e.htm
Subject: THE FITTING OF RADAR REFLECTORS ON SMALL VESSELS
Bulletin No.: 04/1992
Date (Y-M-D): 1992-06-10

http://www.tri-lens.com/practical_sailor.txt
Practical Sailor, August 15, 2001
Tri-Lens Radar Reflector

http://www.sailgb.com/sshop/tech_info.asp?ID=180

http://powerandmotoryacht.com/electr...02electronics/
Electronics — May 2002
By Ben Ellison

http://pollux.nss.nima.mil/NAV_PUBS/APN/Chapt-13.pdf
http://164.214.12.145/NAV_PUBS/RNM/310ch4.pdf

http://www.sailing-forum.com/uk/Rada...or_107306.html
sailing-forum.com
Promoting sailing discussion.

http://www.mistweb.force9.co.uk/cont...antic-we2.html
Radar Reflectors

This is a great web site....good info. for cruisers

http://www.marinews.com/electronics/..._furun1621.htm
This compact LCD radar brings the benefits and safety of radar into
the realms of trailerboating. Marc Percival explains how, and puts the
1621 through its paces with some interesting results.

http://www.batborsen.no/news/2003/08/19105350.html
RADAR REFLECTOR ENSURES SAFETY ONBOARD

http://www.sea-me.co.uk/newsarchive/news.php?news=13
New Radar Technology
Monday 17 March 2003
Recently there have been several pieces in the sailing press about
so-called new radar technology.

http://www.sea-me.co.uk/about.html
What is a Radar Target Enhancer ?
The Sea-me Radar Target Enhancer is an ACTIVE system which receives a
radar signal, amplifies it and re-transmits it. This ensures a
stronger return signal and a more even strength around the full 360°
azimuth.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.semyan.com/GataLuna/repair.htm

Here's a nice little web page about the restoration of a Catalina 27
The above photo is the photo I saw on the YachtWorld website. A few
weeks later, we owned her. The first summer was devoted to learning
how to sail and seeing if this boat was worthy of a resotration job. I
decided I liked this little boat enough to try to bring her back to
her prime. I had no idea then how much work I had taken on. These
pages document that work.

The Way She Was - How she looked when we bought her.
Bulkhead Repair - How replacing a single bulkhead turned into
a complete interior remodel.
Painting - Painting the deck. A lesson in patience.
The Mast - Mast step, lights, spreaders, rigging, oh my...
The Way She Is Now - The project nears completion.
Miscellaneous Projects