Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tim

Default Mercruiser? or Evinrude???

OK, this may or may not by hypothetical:

If looking at used boats. here goes

Both 20 ft.

Nice!
about the same price range, same overall diminsions (+/-)

One is a GM 305 (chevy) Mercruiser

Other is Evinrude with Ford 302

Both are compatible power plants, which isn't of any concern.

I was wondering though, which is eisier to maintain? mercruiser? or
evinrude.

I've never had an evinrude before, and to me they just seem a bit
googly, especially after owning a couple mercs.

What would be the advantages of an evinrude (if any) over a mercuriser
final drive?

Thanks!
Tim