Capt. Rob

Default Awlgrip longevity

How long does a properly applied Awlgrip job last? I've gotten a
variety of answers on this, from 7 to 15 years. I'm sure climate is a
factor, but what's the average?

Thanks,

RB

Tom Dacon

I can't give you an average, of course, since I have only my own boat to
report on.

An awlgrip job on the mast of my 41' wooden sloop is now twenty years old.
It's quite chalky, but there are no breaks in the surface whatsoever.

Tom Dacon

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
How long does a properly applied Awlgrip job last? I've gotten a
variety of answers on this, from 7 to 15 years. I'm sure climate is a
factor, but what's the average?

Thanks,

RB

Jere Lull

In article .com,
"Capt. Rob" wrote:

How long does a properly applied Awlgrip job last? I've gotten a
variety of answers on this, from 7 to 15 years. I'm sure climate is a
factor, but what's the average?

That's about right ;-) HIGHLY variable, including your perception of
when it needs renewing.

--
Jere Lull
bob

Any particular reason you have your mind send on awlrgip cappy rob?
there are many other 2 part polyurethane paint sytems out there that
are excellent. if your a lemming following the 'awlgrip crowd" then
knock yourself out. but open your pea brain and get off the hype , dock
talk wagon. you mindless **** head.