Default Kirie Elite 326? Anyone?

Anyone familiar with this boat, the Kirie Elite 326? Looked at one in
Maryland today. Quite nice, but wondering if anyone here knows about
her build quality and specs. Hard to find details on her.

Thanks in advance,

Robert B
NY

Capt. Rob

How much bigger than Alien is a Kirie Elite 326?

rusty redcloud

Hi, Redcloud...
Only a foot, but it's a 1990. The interior is much larger and the aft
cabin is perfect. All three cabin sections are nicely airconditioned
and I believe she's quite a bit faster than the C&C 32. Her hull is
pretty, but the cabin trunk is very Eurotech...not sweet to my eyes.
But with her other attributes and sailing ability she might be just the

ticket for around 50K. I've been told that the Kirie's are a step above

Beneteau, Jenneau and so on, but I'd like more info. Kirie's seem to
have a good rep for performance and light air work that could make it a

good pick for the LIS.
That said, we're also looking at C&C 37 CB, Beneteau 35s5, J37 next
week. The Kirie is a dark horse, but I have an open mind. You can see
the Kirie interior he

http://www.yachting.qc.ca/puces/Phot.../050222_2b.jpg

RB

Denis Marier

First we have to find out what year was the boat build and where.
In the late 1980 up to 1992 Kirie got money from the Government and started
building sailboats outside Quebec City (Berniere). The woodwork and many
other components were made in France and shipped to Berniere for assembly.
When I visited their plant in Berniere in 1993 they had a 326 that was about
2/3 completed. They told me that if I bought the boat they would get back
some workers and finish the boat. I did not buy the boat. Soon after the
plan in Quebec was closed and they started making fiberglass swimming pools
and sauna. At the time, these boat were build in Berniere I did not traced
any quality standards implemented in their plant. The workers used were
occasional and no continuity was found in their labor force. Conversely the
boats build in France may have had a more experienced work force and
quality control. FWIW

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone familiar with this boat, the Kirie Elite 326? Looked at one in
Maryland today. Quite nice, but wondering if anyone here knows about
her build quality and specs. Hard to find details on her.

Thanks in advance,

Robert B
NY

Capt. Rob

Hi, Denis

She's a 1990. I'd have to query the owner about where she was built.

Robert B
NY