Evan Gatehouse

Default Yanmar 3GM30 battery connections

Hi,

I was wiring up a used Yanmar 3GM30F engine and couldn't
find a place for the negative battery connection. The
positive goes to the starter solenoid but there was not an
obvious stud for the negative cable. Usually I've seen them
bolted to the starter motor mounting bolts on engines, but
these 2 bolts look like they have never been touched for the
past 10 years of the engines life.

Is there anybody with a similar GM series Yanmar who could
recall where their neg. battery cable is connected?

Evan Gatehouse

Peter Bennett

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:10:16 -0700, Evan Gatehouse
wrote:

Hi,

I was wiring up a used Yanmar 3GM30F engine and couldn't
find a place for the negative battery connection. The
positive goes to the starter solenoid but there was not an
obvious stud for the negative cable. Usually I've seen them
bolted to the starter motor mounting bolts on engines, but
these 2 bolts look like they have never been touched for the
past 10 years of the engines life.

Is there anybody with a similar GM series Yanmar who could
recall where their neg. battery cable is connected?

Evan Gatehouse

I sold the boat that had the 2GM mumble years ago, but I think you
could connect the ground lead any place that appears to make a good
connection to the engine block or starter frame. A starter motor
mounting bolt sounds like a good place to me....

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
andy

On my 3GM30F, the ground cable is attached to the bracket which anchors
the reverse gear cable.

Good luck
Andy
Lynn, MA

Jere Lull

That's about where ours is.

In article bSdHe.6215$Tr6.5609@lakeread02,
"Garland Gray II" wrote:

Upper right on back end as viewed from front (water pump) end.
I can't remember if bolt is inserted from front or back.

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wiring up a used Yanmar 3GM30F engine and couldn't
find a place for the negative battery connection. The
positive goes to the starter solenoid but there was not an
obvious stud for the negative cable. Usually I've seen them
bolted to the starter motor mounting bolts on engines, but
these 2 bolts look like they have never been touched for the
past 10 years of the engines life.

Is there anybody with a similar GM series Yanmar who could
recall where their neg. battery cable is connected?

Evan Gatehouse

--
Jere Lull

Yanmar 3GM30 battery connections Evan Gatehouse Boat Building 4 August 2nd 05 07:15 AM
How many voltage do i need to start my engine? Mvd Electronics 17 April 27th 05 10:09 PM
Cautionary tale Roger Long Cruising 16 March 17th 05 01:34 PM
Interesting batteries Gould 0738 General 51 October 18th 04 11:42 PM
Deep cycle batteries - miscellaneous advice? Ric Electronics 15 December 29th 03 10:20 AM