beaufortnc

Default Removing life raft locker

Hi all,

My boat is a Jeanneau Espace 990 - It came from the factory with a
recessed life raft locker built into the transom. The recess is pretty
big, approx. 3 x 3 x 5, and it takes up a lot of space inside the port
side lazarette.

I want to remove it, and patch the 3 x 3 hole that will be left in the
transom. This will open up a ton of much needed inside storage and
places to mount things. I'm not sure of the best way to make this
patch.

I thought of maybe finding a hatch to fit the hole, but I suspect the
measurements would never match up correctly.

Should i fiberglass 2x2's around the inside edges of the hole, then cut
a piece of marine grade plywood to fit the hole exactly, mount it using
the 2x2's on the inside, and then glass the outside, doing my best to
make it flush??

Go to this URL for pictures that may help

http://www.mikeandkatetv.com/tomorrowgallery.htm - about 1/4 of the way
down.

Also, before I'm flamed - I'm not saying I don't need a liferaft, I'm
just saying I don't necessarily want it where it has to go now.

Thanks,

Mike.

Raft stolen! (Long) Blakely LaCroix General 2 May 9th 04 03:30 PM
FOR SALE - LIFE RAFT John Cruising 2 January 19th 04 07:33 PM
life raft Question Mitch General 4 December 19th 03 03:55 PM
Just How Safe Do You Feel? Doug Kanter General 34 July 13th 03 06:14 PM