Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin Jed

Default Mercruiser Fuel Pump

I have a Mercruiser 120 fuel problem. There is a small tube going from the
fuel pump to the throat of the carburetor (like a vacuum tube) and it is
injecting a large volume of fuel into the carburetor throat, bypassing the
float assembly altogether and flooding the engine. When I remove this tube
and attempt to plug it, the engine runs properly but there is so much
pressure on this little tube it blows the plug out and starts pouring raw
fuel into the boat! Automotive engines don't have this tube, and I don't
know what it's purpose is. Can anyone offer any help? Thanks!

Mercruiser Fuel Pump Kevin Jed General 4 July 11th 05 03:08 AM
Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
How to turn off fuel pump MX6.2L MPI with Cool Fuel Newsgroups General 8 October 8th 04 05:15 AM
Problem changing out my fuel pump Derek General 2 July 3rd 04 01:50 PM
Fuel transfer/polishing pump Doug Dotson Cruising 408 February 2nd 04 11:58 PM