Mic

Default Self-built Wind Vane

"Commentary on design " 20-20 "
Notes were added as alternate ways developed.

I call this design "the "20-20" because I thought the
average sailor could build it in twenty hours, for about $20, and it
would weigh in at about twenty pounds. It looks more complicated than
it really is. The dimensions are not critical and the materials
specified are only suggestions.

As of May 2001 I was forced to admit this was not the
case from feed back of several builders.
Based on this feed back. $30.00 US is
possible but the man hours are higher by most reports.
However even at 40 hours it is not a big project.

The skills required are not much greater than those needed to
build a birdhouse. No welding or machine shop work will be needed and
if necessary it could be built with hand tools. "

Link:

http://www.mindspring.com/~waltmur/Self-Steering/

http://www.mindspring.com/~waltmur/S...0June%2005.htm

http://www.mindspring.com/~waltmur/S...commentary.htm

36 foot waves forecasted for Florida western panhandle Wayne.B General 39 September 21st 04 06:07 PM
VDO wind sensor Pyry Electronics 0 August 15th 04 06:28 PM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Nasty, Nasty, Crazy Day Sailing Today Bart Senior ASA 50 November 17th 03 06:40 AM
Painting wind vane asdex Cruising 2 October 10th 03 02:59 PM