Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Larry W4CSC

Default The $81 miniature plastic box fan...

I was in Waste Marine scavenging for electrical and plumbing parts for a
friend's sloop, yesterday. Inside the front door on top of the overpriced,
no-name, Waste Marine TC-W3, there was this little plastic box fan about
12" wide/tall plugged into a deep cycle battery in a black battery box.
(Wonder if they dispose of this USED battery when they're done or put it
back in stock with the other batteries someone returned?)

There was a little plastic blade and little plastic switch with 3 speeds on
a little plastic DC motor, all made by slaves in some Asian sweatshop.

Now, Wally World sells a 20" AC box fan much larger and heavier-duty than
this little piece of crap for $20-30. Sometimes it's on sale for $14.99 or
less...and Wally is still turning a profit.

THIS LITTLE POS WAS $80.99! OVER EIGHTY DOLLARS!!???

Yachtsmen must bet much stupider than I previously suspected.......

I guess Waste Marine figgers if they'll pay $1,500 for a 4HP, 1-cylinder
outboard, they'll pay $81 for a box fan....

Fiberglass vs plastic bb General 74 March 15th 11 07:53 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 April 30th 05 05:25 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 28th 05 05:46 AM
plastic fuel tanks Andy C UK Power Boats 7 October 20th 03 02:04 PM