Harlan Lachman

Default J/27

Anyone have any experience single handing J/27s? Or week-ending on
one? And, finally, how tender are they (is it easy to bury the rail, do
they heel easily or slowly, etc.)?

harlan

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?
DSK

Harlan Lachman wrote:
Anyone have any experience single handing J/27s? Or week-ending on
one? And, finally, how tender are they (is it easy to bury the rail, do
they heel easily or slowly, etc.)?

Never single handed one, but I've sailed them a bit. They are rather
small inside and tender. Lots of fun to sail though, like a J-24 on
steroids.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Wed, 25 May 2005 11:25:40 -0400, Harlan Lachman
wrote:

Anyone have any experience single handing J/27s? Or week-ending on
one? And, finally, how tender are they (is it easy to bury the rail, do
they heel easily or slowly, etc.)?

harlan

In my experience it is much less tender or quick-heeling than the
sort-of-similar looking Express 27. Single-handing with the main only
is very handy. I haven't done it in a more elaborate way than that.

As for weekending, it depends on what you require in the way of
convenience and comfort. It has quite low headroom and is narrow as
well, having a settee on only one side.

I found it a delight to sail, but I like a little more room.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J 36 Gjo/a

Kansas--working to become a science-free zone