Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gogarty

Default Running a business from a boat

Looks like we may be spending a month on the boat in September. No
problem with that except we can't just cut the cords and sail away.
Business still has to be attended to and business is highly dependent on
computers and communications.

Is it possible or feasible to link a computer to a cell phone so that one
can access the Internet and, more important, send and receive data that
can only be managed through a dial-up connection? The server we deal with
is very unforgiving. One has to send data over a 28K dial-up line or it
just won't accept it.

Any thoughts or experience? It's a 37-foot sloop so we are not talking
Marsat.

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 28th 05 05:46 AM
houseboats sel1 General 10 September 24th 04 03:19 PM
What's a good sail boat to buy to live on? Wilfred Johnson Cruising 8 July 7th 04 01:57 AM
oday 25, for the beginner or not? Phracktal Cruising 12 June 7th 04 05:43 AM
NEW Boat Profit Margins Konnie General 19 December 19th 03 04:57 AM