John Cairns

Default Hey JR

Have you any news about your friend?

John Cairns

JR Gilbreath

John Cairns wrote:
Have you any news about your friend?

John Cairns

Hi John
No additional news. I just know his boat was a total loss and that he
is ok and on his way back to Florida on another boat. I have about worn
my fingers out surfing but you just can't get any news from the out
islands.
Thanks
JR
Capt. Neal®

"JR Gilbreath" wrote in message ...
John Cairns wrote:
Have you any news about your friend?

John Cairns

Hi John
No additional news. I just know his boat was a total loss and that he
is ok and on his way back to Florida on another boat. I have about worn
my fingers out surfing but you just can't get any news from the out
islands.
Thanks
JR

The guy should have been smart enough to keep that Nonsuch out of blue water.
It gets real rough out around San Salvador. I've circumnavigated that island
a couple of times in my Coronado 27 and I can tell you it's no place for a
flat bottomed catboat with a keel. Bet you a lee shore got him because
the thing could not claw off and the motor quit on him. Either that or he
piled her up on the shoals that extend way out north of the island.

Give him some advice from me. Next time put the ability to claw off over gimmicks
like a wishboom rig and a big fat skimming dish.

CN
John Cairns

John Cairns wrote:
Have you any news about your friend?

John Cairns

Hi John
No additional news. I just know his boat was a total loss and that he
is ok and on his way back to Florida on another boat. I have about worn
my fingers out surfing but you just can't get any news from the out
islands.
Thanks
JR

San Sal is fairly isolated. Unless someone checks in that sailed there you
might not hear much for a while.

http://www.caribbeancompass.com/

Since only the boat was lost these guys may have something about it
eventually.
Sad about the boat but if he was insured he can replace it, and he walked
away in one piece.

John Cairns