bushman

Default Introduction

I have had reality smack me into going cruising now instead of later. My
coworker decided to buy a boat to cruise on retiring in a year. Found a
great boat and was working towards closing day. Noticed he could not shake
off the flu bug, went to the doctor - he won't be going anywhere. That is
the kick in the pants I needed. I will be closing on his boat in a couple of
weeks. It will be his to use while he can. Then we will sell the house and
cruise.
So that beings me to the group.
On the other hand my parents are in their late seventies living aboard in
warm waters.
- Allen

Capt. Neal®

"bushman" wrote in message ...
I have had reality smack me into going cruising now instead of later. My
coworker decided to buy a boat to cruise on retiring in a year. Found a
great boat and was working towards closing day. Noticed he could not shake
off the flu bug, went to the doctor - he won't be going anywhere. That is
the kick in the pants I needed. I will be closing on his boat in a couple of
weeks. It will be his to use while he can. Then we will sell the house and
cruise.
So that beings me to the group.
On the other hand my parents are in their late seventies living aboard in
warm waters.
- Allen

You sure picked the wrong group if you want to learn things about
going cruising. This group is more about poop than cruising. What you
have here is a dozen or so drones, who never were and never will
be, sitting around their computers and discussing the care and feeding
of **** with their queen bee Peggie Hall.

Quite embarrassing really!

CN

Capt. Neal®

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in message ...
Shut up JAX!

Thanks, I like Jax. He's intelligent and likeable.

CN

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message ...

"bushman" wrote in message ...
[...]

Padeen

Ken Heaton

Comments below:
"bushman" wrote in message
I have had reality smack me into going cruising now instead of later. My
coworker decided to buy a boat to cruise on retiring in a year. Found a
great boat and was working towards closing day. Noticed he could not shake
off the flu bug, went to the doctor - he won't be going anywhere. That is
the kick in the pants I needed. I will be closing on his boat in a couple

of
weeks. It will be his to use while he can. Then we will sell the house and
cruise.
So that beings me to the group.
On the other hand my parents are in their late seventies living aboard in
warm waters.
- Allen

Hello and welcome to the group. If you've been lurking for a while you
already know there are quite a few interesting and informative people around
here. More posters around in the summer I think. There are also a few
idiots but they usually make a bunch of noise for a little while and then go
away. Enjoy.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

Jere Lull

In article ,
"bushman" wrote:

I have had reality smack me into going cruising now instead of later. My
coworker decided to buy a boat to cruise on retiring in a year. Found a
great boat and was working towards closing day. Noticed he could not shake
off the flu bug, went to the doctor - he won't be going anywhere. That is
the kick in the pants I needed. I will be closing on his boat in a couple of
weeks. It will be his to use while he can. Then we will sell the house and
cruise.
So that beings me to the group.
On the other hand my parents are in their late seventies living aboard in
warm waters.
- Allen

GO for it! I'm hoping for a non-lethal kick in the pants like that, but
more likely will find myself "between jobs" next when I retire. We've
already got a couple of years' cruising kitty saved up for whatever
eventuality.

--
Jere Lull