Tamaroak

Default Sad boat story

I was out walking off Easter dinner with my brother and we spotted a
large sailboat on the hard in the middle of a field in St. Cloud,
Minnesota, not a usual spot for such a boat. We began to look around and
found it to be a 37' steel sailboat that a real craftman had spent 18
years building in his back yard so he and his wife could sail around the
world when he retired. What a boat, everything new and first class.

As it turned out, they launched it last fall in the Mississippi River,
went a few miles and got hung up on a wing dam. The builder broke his
hand, they turned around, brought the boat home and put it up for sale.
They never even got the mast up....

Capt. Jeff

Tamaroak

It's a Roberts 37. Multi-chined steel built by someone who really knew
how to do steel. It's quite a boat and i hope someone buys it and takes
it to the ocean. Look for the whole story and some photos in "Soundings."

Capt. Jeff
rhys

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:35:37 GMT, engsol
wrote:

That is sad. I hope someone buys her who will take her to sea.
Any idea who did the design?
Norm B

Probably a Roberts 38...it's very common for home builds as you can
have everything computer cut and delivered on a flatbed or two.

R.

Fiberglass vs plastic bb General 74 March 15th 11 07:53 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 September 29th 04 05:19 AM