Don White

I get annoyed with my lazy jacks because the mainsail battens catch on
'em Every time I hoist the main.
While I appreciate the value of lazy jacks, the "damnit!" factor is
definitely gaining. I think they are going to get taken off this
spring...

Gary
http://home.ca.inter.net/~gkmd/sail/CarpeDiem.htm

As long as we headed 'directly' into the wind', we had no problem. When
we were a few degrees one way or the other. one of the battens always
ended up outside the lazyjacks, causing us to ease off the main halyard
a bit, round up and try again.