Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Howard Peer

Default ique 3600 and Fugawi

I am considerning buing some navigation/mapping software and would like
some recommendations.

I have a Magellan marine GPS and I have used it to map to a Palm
(scanned in map of Belize), but that was an old plam and the graphics
were just terrible. There appear to be NO digital charts or topo maps
for Belize.

I use the Magellan when driving, the graphics are OK but my eyes are
terrible.

I just bought a sailboat that has a chart plotter with C-map. I intend
to sail on the coast of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

I was considering buying the following complement of toys:

1. Fugawi Marine 3 GPS Mapping Software $99
2. Fugawi ATL 3 charts $279
3. Iqu3 3600 ~$600 with accessories.

I belive that this will allow me to:
1. Run the Fugawi ATL 3 charts on my Win 98 laptop hooked to my Magellan
GPS.
2. Scan in paper topos of Belize that I can view on my laptop.
3. Navigat in Nova Scotia with the laptop + Magellan + ATL3
4. Upload the same paper scans of Belize to the IQue 3600
5. Use the ATL3 charts on the Ique 3600.
6. Use the Ique 3600 native road atlas for navitation within the US
(better graphics than the Magellan.)

My very rough understanding is that the Fugawi ATL 3 charts are raster
charts and may obviate the need for me to purchase all those paper charts.

Any feedback on the sanity or holes in this plan would be greatly
appreciated. This is a pretty expensive plan, did I miss anything?

Howard