Albert P. Belle Isle

Default Sailboat fuel on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2278 885&rd=1

Doug Dotson

Cute. I guess P.T.Barnum said it best. And it isn't even close to April 1
yet.

"Albert P. Belle Isle" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2278 885&rd=1

Peggie Hall

I emailed the seller, who replied, "I have sort of a side bet going with
the folks at work. I'm trying to prove that people will buy pretty much
anything, which is a slightly different twist than P.T. Barnum stated,
that, "a sucker is born every minute." I've received several emails on
this item, indicating desire to serve this as a gag gift. I believe at
this point in time that it'll sell."

And I think he's right!

--
Peggie
----------

Larry W4CSC

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in
:

Cute. I guess P.T.Barnum said it best. And it isn't even close to
April 1 yet.

I used to use the phrase, "PT Barnum had the timing wrong" until someone
pointed out to me that PT Barnum never said, "There's one born every
minute."......(sigh)

Terry Spragg

Larry W4CSC wrote:
"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in
:

Cute. I guess P.T.Barnum said it best. And it isn't even close to
April 1 yet.

I used to use the phrase, "PT Barnum had the timing wrong" until someone
pointed out to me that PT Barnum never said, "There's one born every
minute."......(sigh)

I for one think the price will go too high.

Don't get me wrong, this area is booming right now, but I don't know
how long the market will stay hot.

It's the handling fees that get to me, shipping seems way too high
for this type of thing, and that there is really nothing said about
the provenance and little actual documentation presented for this
supposed historic artifact, and that, along with the proper bills of
sale, etc, are what make a collector really interested, not only in
having the article, but knowing it's history, feeling the cosmic
vibes, and the lives a thing has touched. It's a spiritual thing, a
feeling of connection with history, a connection to this life, this
existance, seeming so empty to so many, yet so full of reality.

I am an avid collector of these and similar items, having quit a few
already in my basement, and I must say that while the supply seems
to be increasing somewhat, strangely enough, one can only hope the
price does not go to extremes. If the price continues to increase,
as it seems it will, this may prove to be a good investment in the
long run, provided all the proper documentation, ownership,
insurance documents, cancelled stamps, receipts, shipping info,
bills of lading, etc are actually available, provided and
authenticated. Of course, as with any speculative investment, we
must assume the risk that all will go for nought in the end.

Do not dismiss too quickly how well these, and similar artifacts can
appreciate in value. There may very well be considerable room for
improvement in the future price. This may even be worthy of a
record attempt, and could wind up in Ripley's, unique, and
completely unavailable on the general market, especially since this
seems to be an unique, first-of-a-kind article in this specific
speciality. It is a veritable cornucopia, unlikely ever to be
exhausted, undoubtedly an inexhaustible supply of a fuel type
unlikely to be discounted al all in the future.

As I said, I have several vaguely of similar sort, all well
documented but not yet thoroughly authenticated, and do not intend
to let any of them go for some time yet. Perhaps when I get older,
and need to sell off some other assets, too. Please, no more
inquries this year.

Still looking for reverse gronical mounts, please advise. I prefer
the left handed ones, and am prepared to pay top dollar. A finder's
fee is offered.

Terry K

Wayne.B

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:43:02 -0400, Terry Spragg
wrote:

Don't get me wrong, this area is booming right now, but I don't know
how long the market will stay hot.

It's the handling fees that get to me, shipping seems way too high
for this type of thing

=============================

I had the same issue when selling 10,000 gallons of prop wash a few
years ago.

engsol

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:43:02 -0400, Terry Spragg wrote:

Still looking for reverse gronical mounts, please advise. I prefer
the left handed ones, and am prepared to pay top dollar. A finder's
fee is offered.

Terry K

I have a few dual racing bevels left. Maybe I'll offer them on EBay.
Norm B

Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 04:48 PM
Repost - this is so good it deserves to be read more than once Simple Simon ASA 12 October 20th 03 10:33 PM
A tough question for Jeff and Shen44 otnmbrd ASA 53 July 30th 03 06:14 PM