Dan Best

Default Fresh water pump on a Perkins 4-108

Does anybody know if this automotive style pump is actually available at
auto parts stores or would I be wasting my time trying to find one there?

Thanks - Dan Best
MMC

I believe Perkins diesels were used in tractors, so you might try a tractor
supply house.
"Dan Best" wrote in message
Does anybody know if this automotive style pump is actually available at
auto parts stores or would I be wasting my time trying to find one there?

Thanks - Dan Best

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Dan Best wrote:

Does anybody know if this automotive style pump is actually available at
auto parts stores or would I be wasting my time trying to find one there?

Thanks - Dan Best

the 4-108 Perkins engine was put in a variety of Industrial vehicals
from BobCat's to small trucks. You may find a water pump in the
AutoParts supply System, but if not any Marine Diesel sahop can get you
one.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Jim Lynch

Dan Best wrote:
Does anybody know if this automotive style pump is actually available at
auto parts stores or would I be wasting my time trying to find one there?

Thanks - Dan Best

Be careful. I think that's what a PO of my boat did on a 4-154. Turns
out the pulley wasn't in the same plane as the other pulleys. It wore
belts out at an astonishing rate. Belt cost was close to fuel cost.
It wasn't obvious to the eye either.

Jim.