BoatBanter.com

-   -   Getting things to French Polynesia? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/28229-getting-things-french-polynesia.html)

Glenn Ashmore February 17th 05 12:20 PM

Getting things to French Polynesia?

I have a request for a 66# Spade anchor from the Marquesas. Any of you
circumnavigators have a clue on how to ship it cheaply?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

[email protected] February 18th 05 01:34 AM

I've never circumnavigated, but how bout UPS ground to Los Angeles,
then Air Tahiti Nui Cargo to Papeete? They're at:

Tel: toll free (800) 280-8344 toll-free
Tel: (310) 337-7201
Mon-Sat: 9:00am-5:00pm.

MW

Glenn Ashmore February 18th 05 03:17 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've never circumnavigated, but how bout UPS ground to Los Angeles,
then Air Tahiti Nui Cargo to Papeete? They're at:

Tel: toll free (800) 280-8344 toll-free
Tel: (310) 337-7201
Mon-Sat: 9:00am-5:00pm.

Tried that but Air Tahiti Nui only handls direct to Papeete and I need to
get it to Nuku Hiva. The only way is another local line. That means I need
a freight forwarder to handle the shipment. Think I will pass on this one.
The shipping cost will be more than the anchor.