Garland Gray II

Default Boat lift

I'm looking for a hand (or electric as second choice) winch crane or hoist
to mount along a bulkhead to lift a boat of perhaps 600 pounds from the
water and swing it around to a dolly. I have in mind a mast and gaff like
what you see mounted on a trawler. One could be designed and fabricated, but
I figure a mass produced one might be cheaper.
My imagination has dried up. I have run out of descriptions for a google
search, and have found nothing appropriate.
I'd appreciate any ideas.

Jack Dale

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:38:34 -0500, "Garland Gray II"
wrote:

I'm looking for a hand (or electric as second choice) winch crane or hoist
to mount along a bulkhead to lift a boat of perhaps 600 pounds from the
water and swing it around to a dolly. I have in mind a mast and gaff like
what you see mounted on a trawler. One could be designed and fabricated, but
I figure a mass produced one might be cheaper.
My imagination has dried up. I have run out of descriptions for a google
search, and have found nothing appropriate.
I'd appreciate any ideas.

Did you search "davit"?

Jack

Wayne.B

wrote:

I'm looking for a hand (or electric as second choice) winch crane or hoist
to mount along a bulkhead to lift a boat of perhaps 600 pounds from the
water and swing it around to a dolly. I have in mind a mast and gaff like
what you see mounted on a trawler. One could be designed and fabricated, but
I figure a mass produced one might be cheaper.
My imagination has dried up. I have run out of descriptions for a google
search, and have found nothing appropriate.
I'd appreciate any ideas.

http://www.aceboathoist.com/products.cfm

Garland Gray II

I did, and got a lot of sites of very nice equipment, not exactly what I'm
looking for.
I should have been more specific in my post; I really am looking for a more
utilitarian model-- crude and less expensive.

What was it like 4 U Joe ASA 264 December 28th 04 11:26 PM
Boat with an interesting history Gould 0738 General 2 November 19th 04 05:28 AM
wanted: live-aboard boaters Power & Motoryacht Cruising 6 September 16th 03 02:25 AM