Doug Dotson

Default Fuel tank cleanout ports.

Hi Folks!

I have successfully removed the cleanout ports (3)
from my port fuel tank. Quite a mess in there!
When I put them back in, does anyone have any advice
on what sealant to use? They are submerged in fuel
most of the time.

Thanks!
Doug

Jonathan W

One of the Permatex products. Can't remember which one, but I have used
to reassemble carburetor without a gasket. The labels are clear, though.

Jonathan

--
I am building a Dudley Dix, Argie 10 for my daughter. Check it out:
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsailr

Lew Hodgett

Doug Dotson wrote:

I have successfully removed the cleanout ports (3)
from my port fuel tank. Quite a mess in there!
When I put them back in, does anyone have any advice
on what sealant to use? They are submerged in fuel
most of the time.

You can use SikaFlex 291, it is compatible with diesel.

Do not use 3M-5200, SikaFlex 292 or silicone, none of which are
compatible with diesel.

HTH

Lew
Doug Dotson

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
Doug Dotson wrote:

I have successfully removed the cleanout ports (3)
from my port fuel tank. Quite a mess in there!
When I put them back in, does anyone have any advice
on what sealant to use? They are submerged in fuel
most of the time.

You can use SikaFlex 291, it is compatible with diesel.

Do not use 3M-5200, SikaFlex 292 or silicone, none of which are compatible
with diesel.

HTH

Lew

I had pretty much ruled out 5200 or any silicone product. I'll check
out the 291. Thanks!

Doug

Keith

Permatex #2, stays flexible. A gasket would be even better.

--

Keith
__
"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in message
Hi Folks!

I have successfully removed the cleanout ports (3)
from my port fuel tank. Quite a mess in there!
When I put them back in, does anyone have any advice
on what sealant to use? They are submerged in fuel
most of the time.

Thanks!
Doug

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Keith" wrote:

Permatex #2, stays flexible. A gasket would be even better.

or both, gasket smothered in Permatex #2......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
LaBomba182

Subject: Fuel tank cleanout ports.
From: Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Keith" wrote:

Permatex #2, stays flexible. A gasket would be even better.

or both, gasket smothered in Permatex #2......

Bingo!!!

Except I wouldn't "smother" it in Permatex.
I'd just neatly cover both sides with it. :-)

Capt. Bill
Doug Dotson

What is the point of a gasket if the mating surfaces are not very smooth?

Doug
s/v CAllista

Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
fuel tank cleaning kozmo6969 General 3 June 11th 04 07:00 PM
97 sea ray sundancer fuel tank? Run all 8 General 1 April 17th 04 07:34 PM
Homemade water tanks. Backyard Renegade Boat Building 11 October 27th 03 01:07 PM
Fuel Tank Clog....Please help!! Doug Trowbridge General 3 July 18th 03 02:33 AM